Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

RE: Regarding Family Reunion visa

Toggle
Regarding Family Reunion visa
Answer
3/28/18 11:26 AM
Hello,
I am working in germany and have a blue card. In january, this year my wife applied for the family reunion visa from delhi and last week she got a reply from auswaertigesamt  that they agree on our marriage but don't agree on the date mentioned on our marriage certificate.
Actually we registered our marriage before and later on did the social marriage. Also, we provided the photographs of the social marriage. 
The email from auswaertigesamt says that we should provide a new certificate which should have same date on which social marriage happened, and then take again the date from vfs , apply again for  the family reunion visa, pay the verification fee and again the verification will be done.

We replied to them it is not possible to register marriage two times and the certificate is from the registrar office and is fully authentic/legal. 
Also, at the time of verification we have clearly mentioned this to the person who came to our house and he agreed on this. 

Really it is annoying and frustrating now, we have provided all the documents, photographs and still they are asking us to apply again and go thorugh all the process.
I have enquired here in the local Aleins office about the visa and they say that your wife should already get visa by now but some one from auswaertigesamt is not agreeing on the date on marriage certitifcate.

To register again for marriage is not possible, so should we take advice from some lawyer and send them a notice about this ? will this work or is there any other way. can anyone suggest something ? 

0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/9/18 8:20 AM as a reply to NS.
The day of the marriage is the day when the marriage cermony is done, if it is per hindu marriage act. Registration can be done up to 1 year after the marriage by submitting required documents, witness testimony. I assume the process is similar for other religions?

If you got married as per special marriage act, the marriage is done in registars office after getting an appointment. 

If you got married as per hindu  marriage act, the dates are reversed in your case...without ritual marriage, you can NOT get marriage certificate first and do social marriage later. This is NOT OK I believe. 
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/9/18 10:17 AM as a reply to javi alco.
You are right without ritaul marriage you can't get certificate. 
But, i have done ritual marriage according to hindu marriage act and got the certificate, the thing is i am not having photogrpahs of that day as it was a small ceremony. Also, our social function with friends and family was already planned on later day, so we provided photos of the other day.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/9/18 10:28 AM as a reply to NS.
the photos from after marriage cermony are irrelavant. They need photos from marriage cermony. 
Do you have temple certificate?
Were there any dates mentioned on photos? If not you should not confuse the consulate, you should tell them that the photos are from the marriage day itself. 
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/9/18 10:47 AM as a reply to javi alco.
yes, i have temple certificate and already submitted that.
The thing is when embassy people came to my home for verification, we clearly mentioned them about this thing, photos and certificate. They agreed on this and they didn't did any verification from the temple. Neither they took any testimonal from priest who were there in our marriage.

Embassy already agrees that we are married, but they are saying to provide certificate with date on which photos were taken. I can't provide this because to register marriage two times is not psssible. 
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/9/18 1:03 PM as a reply to NS.
they are a third party legal firm who is usally doing the verification work for embassy. They wont have much say in the matter i assume.

You should may be try with a lawyer. 
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/10/18 7:41 PM as a reply to javi alco.
I think you shouldnt mix in two dates. Say, you got married on the date on the registered certificate. The other one is just a reception for the bigger family and that date is irrelevant and shouldnt be mentioned
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott