Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

RE: Mother's surname mismatch?

Toggle
Mother's surname mismatch?
Answer
5/4/17 4:50 PM
Hello friends,

I am about to apply for an employment visa for myself and would like my son to accompany me as well, hence I am planning to apply for dependent visa for my son.
But issue is that, my passport carries my maiden surname and my son's passport carries my surname after marriage in place of mother's name.
So will that be an issue if I apply for his visa as my dependent?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/18/17 11:01 AM as a reply to Poorvi Jaya.
Poorvi Jaya:
Hello friends,

I am about to apply for an employment visa for myself and would like my son to accompany me as well, hence I am planning to apply for dependent visa for my son.
But issue is that, my passport carries my maiden surname and my son's passport carries my surname after marriage in place of mother's name.
So will that be an issue if I apply for his visa as my dependent?
Hi Poorvi,

i think its better either to update your surname (after marriage) or change your son's passport with your maiden surname.

Good luck and keep us posted!

Best regards,

Raj++

P.S: it is not a legal advice!
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/27/18 10:30 AM as a reply to R V.
It was not a problem for me from India. I mailed German embassy in Delhi and Kolkata with both our passports and the birth certificate plus the marriage certificate (which carries both my surnames). Both embassies replied back that it is OK. They won't reject it.

However after entering into Germany I faced problems proving "me in son's birth certificate and passport" and "me in passport" are one and the same.

Many trips to Burgerservice with an extremely helpful German colleague and a German translated marriage certificate from an authorised translater in Germany did the trick.

Ah... now my payslip says I have one child. My tax is reduced as I have a child. And I am getting Kindergeld too.
 All thanks to my colleague!!
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18